SCFM of FRL

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums SCFM of FRL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

Can someone tell me why FRL's are generally measured in SCFM? Why not Cv? Hope this question isn't too general (or dumb)Thanks

admin
    Participant

First off, SCFM is the flow of standard cubic foot of free air per minute. This assumes there are no restrictions in the line which could cause pressure drop. An example is a piece of straight pipe. Cv on the other hand takes into account press

admin
    Participant

Hello Marlene,SCFM is a measurement of gas flow under a certain set of circumstances. Cv is a coefficient that can be used in a calculation to determine flow under a certain set of conditions. Cv is really more about a device’s “characteristics”

admin
    Participant

Marlene,A lot of good information has been offered up on this subject already, but I think that there is one remaining point that makes the distinction between providing Cv vs SCFM for valves and frls. Directional valves (not ball or globe types)

admin
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for answering my question. I have a good understanding of why, so now I can work out how.Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.