In Search of Pneumatic Wisdom

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums In Search of Pneumatic Wisdom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

I’m a builder of Big Bore PreCharged Pneumatic Air Rifles.

In my quest for more power I’ve begun doing some informal research on ways to increase the output-psi without having to increase the existing input-psi I’m working with.

As an example: I presently build a PCP Rifle that can launch a projectile at 850 Feet Per Second by using a burst of approximately 400 psi of compressed air.

The entire sequence takes place in about 7 to 8 milliseconds. I would like to be able to decrease my input-psi by half of that amount while still maintaining my present level of output-psi via the use of an Air Intensifier or other specialized pneumatic fixture.

This would allow my PreCharged High Pressure Air Tank to generate a more constant and longer PreCharged condition before needing to be refilled.

The main benefit of finding an appropriate and safe Pneumatic fixture would be to use that same specialized pneumatic fixture or fixtures to increase the output-psi/power while keeping my existing input-psi at a safe level of pressure with respect to the current metal parts I’m using.

Although I have a fairly good grasp of what’s safe and what’s not safe when it comes to working with High Pressure Air systems, the field of Pneumatics is not my specialty; so, I turn to the experts In Search of Pneumatic Wisdom.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and also for any help you may be inclined to share.

Tim Montano

admin
    Participant

What is the bore and what mass are you launching? This could be treated as a pneumatic circuit to try to improve efficiency & maybe lower pressure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.