Counterbalance (Overcenter) Valve

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums Counterbalance (Overcenter) Valve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

Is there such a thing as a PNEUMATIC Counterbalance (-or- 'Overcenter') Valve?I need to pneumatically rotate ~1000# mass, 180 degrees in 2 to 3 seconds. The rotational axis is parallel to the ground and NOT about the machines Center of Gravity.

admin
    Participant

Larry;There is no Over Center valve for air circuits that I know of. Have you considered an Air-Oil circuit? Go to http://www.pneumatic-source.com to see a chapter out of a Fluid Power Training book I have put together to see if one of the methods there

admin
    Participant

Hi Larry,You have an interesting application, and before I comment on it, I would like to know more about how you intend to rotate the mass, and what your plans are for dealing with it etc. when you reach the end of your rotation.What you do with

admin
    Participant

This is just an idea:Just before you get to the over centre point, have the pressure sensed in the side that is in the lifting side.At or maybe just before, the overcentre point, put the same pressure into the other side.It might be simpler put s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.