Which Valve Configuration?

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums Which Valve Configuration?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

OK, I will apologize in advance for asking what will probably be a dumb question. I am designing a 2 cylinder system and am having trouble figuring out what type (3way, 4way, etc) of valves to use. I have a basic understanding of the 2 and 3 w

admin
    Participant

Mark;If you want to do this with air alone get with your local Festo, Herion or SMC distributor and use their Proportional air valves. That is the only way you will consistently stop and air cylinder under plus or minus a 1/2.If you don’t want to”

admin
    Participant

Thank you Bud. Do you mean to say that even with using linear pots as position indicators the system won’t be able to be accurate?

admin
    Participant

Mark;The input signal is not the problem, it is the compressibility of the air that causes the problem. Even proportional valves are inaccurate and non-repeatable when the load varies or there are changing outsice forces working against the actuat

admin
    Participant

MarkI agree with Bud that pneumatics work well for many applications. But in some application the compressibility of air may become a problem affecting repeatability, that is the ability of the rod stem to come back to the same position every time

admin
    Participant

Thanks Newton. Do you know of any place on the web where I could see one of these positioners”? I checked out the R-421 valve on Clippard’s website. I have been waiting a while for their catalog

admin
    Participant

Mark,although I agree with the comments of both gentlemen above to use either proportional valves or pneumatic position sensors, another alternative would be to use a 5/3 closed centre valve to control the cylinder and stop it at the required posi

admin
    Participant

MarkThinking about your application I wonder if there is a need to position the cylinder rod at a known location or be able to know the rod location during its stroke?What I mean is that to position the rod to a known location the cylinder needs t

admin
    Participant

Dear Sir or MadamWe are a Singapore enterprise which is located in Wuhu ,Anhui,China,specialized in producing and exporting sintered and bonded magnets.From 2001, we have exported plastic bonded ferrite ring magnet for Pneumatics Component(Air Cyl

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.