SMC Air Cylinders for Automotive suspensions?

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums SMC Air Cylinders for Automotive suspensions?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

I am looking to do an air adjustable suspension on a Ford Focus. Basically the same as Hydraulics like the low riders, but with Air . I know SMC makes a cylinder that will work well on the front macpherson strut suspension. Can anyone help?Thank

admin
    Participant

Oh and I do know they need to be about 4 inches in diameter with a 6 inch stroke and handle about 150 to 200 PSI. Ricky

admin
    Participant

Hi Ricky,I don’t know anything about an air cylinder from SMC for low rider applications, since most (or all) are airbags (typically Firestone). Take a look at the following link on eBay for a photo of the parts involved;http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBa

admin
    Participant

You sure can use air cylinders for lowrider applications. It is very common to replace struts with air cylinders. Most common are 3 in the rear and 3-1/4″ in the front. Please contact me with any specific questions you might have.”

admin
    Participant

Ricky,My company is an authorized SMC Pneumatic Distributor. We currently have a company locally using SMC valves, fittings and cylinders for Low Riders. I would be happy to discuss your application further and to provide any of the technical info

admin
    Participant

Bag it…use 6 bags for clearance. The ride is ten times better. Cylinders are impossible to drive UNLESS you add accumulators. If you use cylinders….3″ in back…4″in front…Don’t know about SMC but I have Bimba part numbers. Over twenty”

admin
    Participant

Ricky, i think i can help you out. My company is Pacific Air Technology, and we are a Technlogy” Distributor for SMC USA. We do in fact carry the air cylinders you are looking for. We are the ONLY distributor in North America that sells the cylin”

admin
    Participant

I am looking for a air suspension kit for a 1991 Toyota Celica ST. Can anyone help. Thanks

admin
    Participant

i have used PAT’s cans for every ride i have built….i had a bad experience with a buddy’s MIC stuff, and another’s AIM stuff, and it’s looking like a EAI job is about to go south…..i always recommend PAT’s Cans…..tho i build my own kits”…”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.