Pneumatic Cylinder

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums Pneumatic Cylinder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

need some help with pneumatics cyliders, I’ve got a pneumatics cylinder with a stroke of 500mm and need to lower a piece of material in 10 stages, so this means first stage it needs to be lowered 50mm and then without going back to its original position lower it another 50mm and so forth till its lowered 500mm. Any help will be much appreciated. It doesn’t have to be with pneumatics any other suggestions will help.

Thanks

admin
    Participant

There are a few ways of doing this, but easiest would be either a brake on the cylinder or if the accuracy and weight are low a simple 3 positiion valve may work fine. How accurate does in need to be, and what is the load?

admin
    Participant

Accuracy isn’t that important, give or take 5mm. Load will start at 300g and increase with 300g everytime till 3kg, because 1 product weights 300g and needs to be 10 of them.

admin
    Participant

On the subject of the 3 position valve, will it be able to lower it 10 times?

admin
    Participant

It can move as many times as necessary. How do you plan on stopping the cylinder in the correct position? The most positive way would be to have sensors or switches that would send a signal to a PLC to control the 3 position valve.

admin
    Participant

I was thinking about putting a timer in to send a signal every second or the time it needs to move down. I thought about putting sensors but then its gonna be 10 of them and then its starting to get to expensive.

admin
    Participant

That could work but you may need 2 timers one for up and one for down. If you have the 3 position valve you can add a timer that is integrated into the connector. Try http://www.canfieldconnector.com/products/timers-proportional-and-electronic-circuits.htm .

admin
    Participant

Thank you. Will have a look at it. One more question is their another name for a 3 position valve? Or is that the only name.

admin
    Participant

It is also refered to as a 5/3 valve.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.