Joy TwistAir compressor pulling high amps

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums Joy TwistAir compressor pulling high amps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

We have a 25HP Joy TwistAir compressor. Lately it is pulling high amps like it is loading hard. Should only pull around 25-31…it is climbing to over 50 before shut down. What is causing this.
    Have change the oil seperator. Still does it. Can it be the pump. What is causing this. Please help.

admin
    Participant

One possible cause is the electrical service. Check to see if the wiring connections are good, check the fuses for paryially open condition.

admin
    Participant

I don’t know the compressors Joy, but give a glance in the oil filter and in the valvule that controls the circulation of the oil (if to exist). Maybe, the problem is the bearings of the compressor unit. It’s due the low quality of the oil.

admin
    Participant

Sorry. My answer is for a compressor with high oil temperature. Please, disrespect it., Sorry. My answer is for a compressor with high oil temperature. Please, disrespect it., Sorry. My answer is for a compressor with high oil temperature. Please, disrespect it., Sorry. My answer is for a compressor with high oil temperature. Please, disrespect it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.