mixing at pressure

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums mixing at pressure

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

I require a prescribed amount of Oxygen (10%O 90%N) to be supplied to an analyser. I have an air supply and a bottle of Nitrogen, I plan to add Nitrogen to the air supply to reduce the Oxygen percentage.

The supply pressure to the Analyser is 14.5 psi, to obtain my Oxygen content I plan to input 2.7psi air supply and 11.8psi Nitrogen. The two supplies meet at a T fitting with the same dia house for an output. Will this method obtain the 10% Oxygen or will there be to much back pressure from the Nitrogen resisting th air supply and are there any tips?

admin
    Participant

Two different pressures will not mix in any planned ratio. The higher pressure will likely stop the lower pressure feed and could even back flow that feed if that is possible. You need some sort of flow control devices and flow meters to set up the desired flow ratio., Two different pressures will not mix in any planned ratio. The higher pressure will likely stop the lower pressure feed and could even back flow that feed if that is possible. You need some sort of flow control devices and flow meters to set up the desired flow ratio.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.