air over hydraulic

ANVER

Home | Pneumatics Online Forums air over hydraulic

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

I am considering a shop press with air over hydraulic supply. The seller claims that it is 100 tons capacity. 1: is this believable with a 5 inch bore cylinder and 100 psi shop air? 2. Is it possible to have the high pressure capacity for the full stroke or only the last 1/4 inch or so?

Thank you.

admin
    Participant

This press would operate at 10,000 PSI to meet the 100 Ton requirement. This is a common pressure for hydraulic circuits powered by an ENERPAC or OWATONA high pressure setup. Both oof these companies make Shop Presses. As for stroke it depends on the type of Air-Oil pump. Both of the aforementioned companies make reciprocaing intensifiers that would allow for a continuous pressure for the full stroke. However, it will not be a fast stroke, in fact it willl probably be very slooooow.

admin
    Participant

Bud: Thank you for the help on my press question. You helped me tremendously. It seems like I could convert it to an electric pump if it turns out to be too slow. The Enerpac designs are twice as fast with electric pumps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.